+ Reply to Thread

Default McCauley Snap-ring Snafu

Last summer I did an annual on a late model 182S. The McCauley prop blade retention snap rings were (oddly enough) extremely rusty (with 150 hrs ACTT). We pulled the prop and sent it out. Our prop shop told us the corrosion was severe, working it's way inside the hub, and was pitting the snap ring grooves. The prop was saveable, but barely. The problem was, we were told, a bad batch of snap rings that came out of McCauley with inferior cad plating.
    This week I found the same problem on a T210L, new McCauley prop installed 1997, but again, only 165 hours prop TT. Am I seeing a pattern here?
    Look yours over carefully......let's have some feedback from the field!
    Forum Legend

Default Service Difficulty Report

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkirk View Post
    Last summer I did an annual on a late model 182S. The McCauley prop blade retention snap rings were (oddly enough) extremely rusty (with 150 hrs ACTT). We pulled the prop and sent it out. Our prop shop told us the corrosion was severe, working it's way inside the hub, and was pitting the snap ring grooves. The prop was saveable, but barely. The problem was, we were told, a bad batch of snap rings that came out of McCauley with inferior cad plating.
    This week I found the same problem on a T210L, new McCauley prop installed 1997, but again, only 165 hours prop TT. Am I seeing a pattern here?
    Look yours over carefully......let's have some feedback from the field!
    Did you file the service difficulty report? I think I would, especially after the second one.

Talking Bubba Sez... Of course he did

Quote Originally Posted by ppolstra View Post
    Did you file the service difficulty report? I think I would, especially after the second one.
    ...he's a CRS...

B
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

+ Reply to Thread