+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tcm MSB09-1A

Default Tcm MSB09-1A

Ran into this bad boy today. Be aware that any TCM factory reman of the affected models, or engines with NEW TCM cylinders installed after the effective date ( Nov. 1, 2007-Jan. 30, 2009) may be affected.

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/MSB09-1A.pdf
    Last edited by Captainkirk; 03-19-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Forum Legend

Wasn't there another earlier SB for this same or similar issue?

Yes; there was a "1" which is superseded by "1A"
    Forum Legend

Talking Bubba Sez... It has the Cirrus owners jumping

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkirk View Post
    Yes; there was a "1" which is superseded by "1A"
    The Revision was just to add 300 cylinders to the list but the COPA site lit up...

B
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

At the top of this bulletin is a statement: " The subject matter of the service bulletin is incorporated in whole or in part in an FAA issued airworthiness directive"
    I am not finding a new A.D. addressing this. Has anyone?

Exclamation Bubba Sez... AD Schmay D

Quote Originally Posted by sandysky View Post
    At the top of this bulletin is a statement: " The subject matter of the service bulletin is incorporated in whole or in part in an FAA issued airworthiness directive"
    I am not finding a new A.D. addressing this. Has anyone?
    There currently isn't an AD for these cylinders & from what I hear there isn't gonna be one. The Feds say TCM is on top of it & the SB will suffice. But, what time is it?

B
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

Thanks for the reply, it's always nice to have another opinion

Thumbs up Bubba Sez... Any time Sand man

Quote Originally Posted by sandysky View Post
    Thanks for the reply, it's always nice to have another opinion
    If you want opinions, I got plenty of 'em. Just ask my pals Ken & Joe...

B

Teledyne Continental Motors (TCM) announces the Cylinder Recall MSB09-1B will be complete effective December 31, 2009. Please be aware that if you have not already replaced or scheduled replacement for your affected cylinder, Full Warranty Coverage on the Cylinders under this Recall will end on December 31, 2009. There is still time to qualify for warranty coverage. Communicate to your customers that they must notify TCM and get scheduled for replacement before December 31, 2009 in order to receive full warranty coverage.

One hundred percent of cylinders under this recall have been produced and 90% have been replaced to date. If those affected do not call TCM before 12/31/09 for scheduling of new cylinders, they will lose their warranty. As long as they are scheduled, TCM will support and pay for cylinder replacement through February 28, 2010

If you have any questions or comments, please contact Customer Service at 1-251-436-8292, or toll free at 1-800-326-0089, or via e-mail at TCM.Distributor@teledyne.com.
    Just a reminder that time is running short, if anyone has any of the affected cylinders,

The 2 most common answers of the trade.
    Yes, I Can fix it & No, It's not done yet:

+ Reply to Thread