+ Reply to Thread

Default From Spain to Australia

Hello there,greetings from spain
    im a spanish student (soon done with exams) of L.M.A. (equal to A&P FAA tittle or so, or aka "Aircraft Maintenance Technical").
    L.M.A is aproved by EASA part 66 actually and it contains B1.1 , B1.2, B1.3 and B1.4 modules&submodules.

Few guys and me been thinking in moving to Australia to live there and stay few years (some of us got parents there)
    well.the question is, would our license be valid there like AME?, or should we study there and acquire a different license?

I hope some of u help me with those questions.
    Thanks

Thumbs up Bubba Sez... Bienvenida a mi amigo

Quote Originally Posted by alex_monroy View Post
    Hello there,greetings from spain
    im a spanish student (soon done with exams) of L.M.A. (equal to A&P FAA tittle or so, or aka "Aircraft Maintenance Technical").
    L.M.A is aproved by EASA part 66 actually and it contains B1.1 , B1.2, B1.3 and B1.4 modules&submodules.

Few guys and me been thinking in moving to Australia to live there and stay few years (some of us got parents there).well.the question is, would our license be valid there like AME?, or should we study there and acquire a different license? I hope some of u help me with those questions. Thanks
    Captain, where's Lame when you need him? Alex there are a few blokes here maybe we can get one of them to answer your questions. Actually, I just sent an email to louis.moore2, we'll see if he's awake...

P.S.
    Can't say that I blame you for not wanting to come to the good ol' US of A, it ain't what it used to be...

B
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

Here's a link to the information

http://www.casa.gov.au/ame/overseas.htm

Look at the CTC guide

oh yeah . thx man
    itll help a lot.
    we are now searching Visa for students atm i hope we get there soon, cant wait to explore a new country...

P.S.
    Bubba we want to move australia atm, but who knows where we'll be tomorrow? we are still too young!
    hehe gl!

Thumbs up Bubba Sez... Ahhhh to be young again

Quote Originally Posted by alex_monroy View Post
    P.S. Bubba we want to move australia atm, but who knows where we'll be tomorrow? we are still too young! hehe gl!
    ...I'd probably screw it up like I did the first time! Whatever you decide Alex, go for the gusto my friend. Don't think twice, don't look back & don't worry! Life isn't about the destination, it's all about the journey - ENJOY IT...

B
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

Default I'm Awake

Hey guys, The benefit you have is we have just passed legislation to accept the all the B1 and B2 licensing types out here so your A-OK and should not have any dramas. You will still have to pass what we call an AA exam (air leg) and there talking about bringing in an English proficiency test for o/s people. I am about to sit the AA exam in the next few weeks hopefully and will let you know more about then, until then for your interest the following link is the AA exam syllabus http://www.casa.gov.au/ame/download/aac9-01.pdf The only down side to what you have is B1 and B2 will be fine for working in the airline industry as thatís where the new system is being implemented but if youíre looking to work on the smaller stuff you may be in for more of a challenge. There is a lag in some of the legislation getting through parliament and I am not sure what process you would need to go through, all in all I would say you blokes are home and hosed for working over here. If yuse have any further question feel free to contact me any time at all. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread