View Poll Results: Advanced certification (e.g. Turbine engines, sheetmetal, etc.) a worthwhile pursuit?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interested

11 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I hope to get the NCATT certs soon. Now that lasergrade has a testing center here locally.

The 2 most common answers of the trade.
    Yes, I Can fix it & No, It's not done yet:

Quote Originally Posted by lame. View Post
    I will not comment on ratings etc, because that is the only system we have, in order to release an Aircraft you must be rated on that specific type, we do not have a blanket system like the A+P.

However someone mentioned about a Doctor.

I have told my Doctor (who is a good bloke) several times that my job and his are VERY similar, but mine is much harder.

Why, because when I have a sick Aircraft arrive, I cannot ask it why are you here, how do you feel today, where does it hurt and what do you think I should do about it?

Well I could, but I wouldn't get an answer.
    yeah I thought that way too, until a doctor told me "lets see you work on that engine while its running"

Default Advanced ratings/type certs

I've made tweaks and adjustments to a running engine before.... I miss making adjustments on T64-100 engines while the helicopter is running. It definately gets your blood pumping.

Join in and Be Heard,
    Mike
    Mike Molzahn
    A&P Mechanic
    AMT Society Member Since May 2005
    Combat Spam Patrol
    FAA's Randy Babbitt at Oshkosh 2011: "Professionalism doesn't require a paycheck"

Thumbs up Bubba Sez... C'mon helicoil...

Quote Originally Posted by helicoil View Post
    yeah I thought that way too, until a doctor told me "lets see you work on that engine while its running"
    Working on a running engine is commonplace! BTW, what is it that you do at Dover AFB?
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

Lightbulb Bubba Sez... Poll options...

Is an oxymoron... You only have ONE choice, interested! Your results will show 100% are interested which is true cuz only the interested will respond. You might wanna modify that...
    Bubba Sez... May you always have a tail wind and keep your scarf out of your rudder...

The thread started in '05 when I was younger. Wouldn't know how to modify now that I'm older, so please disregard the percentage and note than interest is peaked at 10. Or just disregard the thread all together

Ok let me clarify try to r2 a crankshaft on a recip while its operating sorta like a heart transplant to a doctor.
    I was Aerial reclamation @ Dover was activated for 2 years off my civilian job then send to Spain for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5